Archive for the ‘Bridal News’ Category
This is one of the BEST TIMES of your life. You are so excited about being engaged and all the upcoming planning of your wedding. Chances are your wedding may be THE biggest event you ever plan. We’re here to help with some advice on attending Bridal Shows.
Bridal Shows are a very helpful tool in planning your wedding. They familiarize you with many different services and vendors. You’ll be able to see a wide range of talent and service menus.
Here are some tips that we suggest when attending shows.
1. Get your discount tickets prior to the show.
2. Arrive early. It’s always best to be one of the very first there. The vendors are fresh, there should be several giveaways and there’s lots of time to ask questions.
3. Eat something healthy prior to arriving. You’ll be sampling wedding cake, hors d oeuvres and favors all day. Who can resist wedding cake?????
4. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing. This excursion could take several hours. Make sure you feel great and are able to move easily amongst the different areas the venue may provide. Take a bottled water. You’ll be glad you did.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Vendors are prepared to answer your many questions and help you. Don’t be afraid to ask if there are any “show specials” or coupons to use too.
6. Take the groom, your mom and/or your maid of honor too. This is a fun time and it will be valuable to share opinions.
6. Take a close look at the vendors booths and their preparations. This is a detailed industry and you’ll want to work with individuals that really know how to make details work and give a great presentation
7. Print out a sheet of return address labels for drawings. This will eliminate a lot of sign up time. There will be drawings and sign ups. You’ll be able to breeze through them.
8. Bring a pad to take notes and a big bag for your goodies, you’ll be glad you did.
9. Don’t set a time limit on the day.
10. Enjoy this experience and have FUN!
If you have any questions or worries, please contact us. We are always happy to hear from you.
You are engaged! Where do you begin???? We have five details we want to share.
1. Select your venue. Make sure to visit (try to visit at the time you will be having the reception) and ask others that have attended events there their experience too. Consider your guest count, parking, accessibility. Always make sure to read the contract carefully so that you don’t have any “surprises” later with food, drink and times.
2. Go shopping!!! Your wedding dress will be a highlight and make sure to enjoy every minute of your shopping excursions. Make sure to take heels that will be similar to the height you will be wearing + your mom+ grandma and maid of honor. Too many more people and you won’t ever be able to decide on THE DRESS.
3. Subscribe to a wedding magazine or two or three and read a good book. We love Bride Magazine and Martha Stewart Weddings. Make sure to purchase, Wedding Planning for Dummies, 3rd edition. Kim King Smith is the technical editor and has made sure all the DETAILS are outlined for your special day.
4. Select a theme for the wedding; even if you are the only one to know it. This will keep you focused, it’s your path to “Happily Ever After”.
5. Choose a photographer and select your Save the Dates. FYI the Save The Date photographer does not have to be the Wedding Photographer. Make sure to go somewhere you love, bring your pup and have a really good time. Not sure about the Save the Dates? Ask us. We will help you create something wonderful and personal to let all of your friends know about the BIG DAY.