Archive for the ‘Fashion Color’ Category
Pantone has just announced the color of the year for 2014. We have anxiously been awaiting this announcement. Each year, it is so much fun to see what the color will be. This year it is a hue of purple and we love it!!! (of course)
Did you know that purple is considered a neutral? It has warm AND cool tones which make it a very compatible color partner. The new color is soft, but yet powerful enough to stand alone. What colors will you pair it with? Make sure to let us know.
Pantone Reveals Color of the Year for 2014: PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid
“While the 2013 color of the year, PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
For more than a decade, Pantone’s Color of the Year has influenced product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries, including fashion, home and industrial design, as well as product packaging and graphic design. Past colors include:
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
Spring should be here soon.
With Spring sunshine there will be flowers blooming again! Some of our favorites are the hydrangea, knock out roses, day lilies, zinnias and flox.
It really is fun to grow them, cut the blooms and take them to the office or decorate with. If you aren’t that ambitious, go to the local floral store and buy a bouquet of your favorites.
Everyone we know loves beautiful flowers. Before you begin cutting, take a little lesson in the art of floral design with Kate Spade’s floral designer, Ashley.
Here are some tips:
As ladies we understand the prep time that goes into preparing for a big day. And I’m not talking about the bride- I’m talking about the bridesmaids. Even though the day is all about the bride, and rightfully so, we bridesmaids also have to look our best. The Plum Pretty Sugar bridesmaid’s robes are adorable and will make a great gift from the bride to her best ladies. Plum Pretty Sugar offers robe sets, making it easy to select a style for all bridesmaids.
Having the bridesmaids dressed alike during the prep time makes for adorable pictures. It also allows the bride to be able to stand out in her own special robe. One great thing about the Plum Pretty Sugar robes is the style. These robes can be worn again and again; the style doesn’t limit itself to wearing it for just one day. Take a look for yourself and visit their website for even more styles and apparel! http://store.plumprettysugar.com/
Want a WOW FACTOR for the entry of your next fabulous event? Use glow stones. These little stones are a tremendous way to add impact and wow to any entry or exit. Set a tone for your event as guests arrive with this magical path. These pebbles are non-toxic, photo-luminescent and waterproof. Just expose them to a light for 10 minutes, and they will illuminate for up to 12 hours. (No electricity required.) Mix them with pavement or gravel for a stunning surprise.
Wow, wow, wow!
We can’t wait to use them!
The newest arrival of fashion on Michigan Avenue is now NY based and acclaimed Henri Bendl. Henri Bendl is a store founded for fashion and fun. We loved visitng with Joshua Graham one of the store’s stylists. He explained the signature pieces, the branding, the crystals and the service to us, all while we tried on bangle after bangle, c tiger striped crystal earrings and a few hand bags. After our purchases were secured, we lwere wowed at seeing it wrapped in the chocolate and white striped packaging and grosgrain ribbons embellished with white polka dots. Fun, fashion and fresh! All of our words for Bendl.
image from http://fabgabblog.com/2010/04/henri-bendel/
Well it’s here, or at least we all hope. It’s time to put away those coats and Ugg boots and bring out your bright, spring attire. If you’re anything like me, your bank account may become low due to all the cute spring clothes, accessories, and shoes. Here is a list of my MUST HAVES for Spring 2012.
- Small Crossbody purse for when you are on the go! This Marc Jacobs cross body is the perfect size and color to wear all day long, or for a night out.
- Colored Skinny jeans are soooo fun. Anyone can pull them off with flip-flops or a pair of wedges. Turquoise, red, and coral are already in my closet and very popular for spring!
- TOMS shoes are very comfy, cute, and lightweight. They are so easy to throw on with a pair of capris and still look very stylish. There are so many colors, patterns, and styles to fit your personality. Haven’t heard of Toms? Check out their website! They give a pair of shoes to a child in need one for one when you purchase them. Look cute and help out a great cause!
- Rose Gold Watches are very popular and can we worn with jeans and a shirt to your best dress and heels. Rose gold looks stunning on any skin tone and when it hits that spring time sun is absolutely gorgeous! My favorite is Michael Kors.
- Loop Scarves were very popular this winter and now are coming out in lightweight material for spring. Even with a tank, the right print pops and makes a great outfit fabulous! A great pairing with your colored jeans.
The word is out and the NEW color palettes for spring PLUS the decor color of the year is here. First featured at New York Fashion Week www.newyorkfashionweek.com there has been a “Tango” on the runways- Tangerine Tango. Tangerine Tango is the new 2012 fashion color. Other colors are in neon impact format; just think of a spectacular sunset, an ocean seascape, a sunny day and you have the new colors which include: solar flower, bellflower, soladite blue, margarita, cabaret, driftwood, starfish, cockatoo and sweet lilac. These colors are all presented by Pantone, http://www.pantone.com/pages/fcr.aspx?pg=20910&ca=4 the leader and authority in fashion color. Look for these new colors throughout the year and decide which ones you love and would like to pair together.
Photos courtesty of Pantone and the Washington Post http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/arts-post/post/tangerine-tango-pantones-color-of-the-year-in-fashion/2011/12/09/gIQAxj04hO_blog.html By Kim