Archive for the ‘Fashion Release’ Category
Pantone has just announced the color of the year for 2014. We have anxiously been awaiting this announcement. Each year, it is so much fun to see what the color will be. This year it is a hue of purple and we love it!!! (of course)
Did you know that purple is considered a neutral? It has warm AND cool tones which make it a very compatible color partner. The new color is soft, but yet powerful enough to stand alone. What colors will you pair it with? Make sure to let us know.
Pantone Reveals Color of the Year for 2014: PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid
“While the 2013 color of the year, PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
For more than a decade, Pantone’s Color of the Year has influenced product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries, including fashion, home and industrial design, as well as product packaging and graphic design. Past colors include:
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
As ladies we understand the prep time that goes into preparing for a big day. And I’m not talking about the bride- I’m talking about the bridesmaids. Even though the day is all about the bride, and rightfully so, we bridesmaids also have to look our best. The Plum Pretty Sugar bridesmaid’s robes are adorable and will make a great gift from the bride to her best ladies. Plum Pretty Sugar offers robe sets, making it easy to select a style for all bridesmaids.
Having the bridesmaids dressed alike during the prep time makes for adorable pictures. It also allows the bride to be able to stand out in her own special robe. One great thing about the Plum Pretty Sugar robes is the style. These robes can be worn again and again; the style doesn’t limit itself to wearing it for just one day. Take a look for yourself and visit their website for even more styles and apparel! http://store.plumprettysugar.com/
Well it’s here, or at least we all hope. It’s time to put away those coats and Ugg boots and bring out your bright, spring attire. If you’re anything like me, your bank account may become low due to all the cute spring clothes, accessories, and shoes. Here is a list of my MUST HAVES for Spring 2012.
- Small Crossbody purse for when you are on the go! This Marc Jacobs cross body is the perfect size and color to wear all day long, or for a night out.
- Colored Skinny jeans are soooo fun. Anyone can pull them off with flip-flops or a pair of wedges. Turquoise, red, and coral are already in my closet and very popular for spring!
- TOMS shoes are very comfy, cute, and lightweight. They are so easy to throw on with a pair of capris and still look very stylish. There are so many colors, patterns, and styles to fit your personality. Haven’t heard of Toms? Check out their website! They give a pair of shoes to a child in need one for one when you purchase them. Look cute and help out a great cause!
- Rose Gold Watches are very popular and can we worn with jeans and a shirt to your best dress and heels. Rose gold looks stunning on any skin tone and when it hits that spring time sun is absolutely gorgeous! My favorite is Michael Kors.
- Loop Scarves were very popular this winter and now are coming out in lightweight material for spring. Even with a tank, the right print pops and makes a great outfit fabulous! A great pairing with your colored jeans.
Kim and I had the opportunity to visit Anthropolgie’s new bridal store, BLHDN in Chicago this week. BLHDN pronounced Beholden, means “to keep” in dutch. The store itself was stunning and set a very classy, yet unique image. It is only the second location in the entire nation.
Kim King Smith and I really enjoyed seeing all of the stylish, very detailed gowns they had. There were gowns ranging from $600- $6000 in all different styles, including bridal and reception seperates which were gorgeous as well. For those Anthropolgie fans out there, you will fall in love with all they have to offer. Not only do they have unique bridal gowns but also hair accessories, jewelry, shoes, gifts,and bowties. You’ll even want to pack a few of their things for may want for your honeymoon, including lingerie. If you’re in the Windy City any time soon, make sure to put BLHDN on your list of places to visit! You wont regret it! It’s on our list!
The runway report is in and lace is the new look! Its intricate beauty has captivated queens and starlets since Queen Victoria, and today it
is making a classy comeback with modern cuts and details. If you are looking for something very romantic and soft, lace is a beautiful material for a timeless wedding. It is ultrafeminine, classic, and romantic. Interested in adding a one of a kind detail to your dress? Lace capelets have the look of old Hollywood glam and can be wornover a lace gown. This little added coverage over a strapless gown is a greatvintage or two-in-one look, especially if you are on a budget! Lace is atimeless material, and some go so far as to makelace the theme of their decor. Check out some of these lace accents!