Archive for the ‘floral and decor’ Category
Pantone has just announced the color of the year for 2014. We have anxiously been awaiting this announcement. Each year, it is so much fun to see what the color will be. This year it is a hue of purple and we love it!!! (of course)
Did you know that purple is considered a neutral? It has warm AND cool tones which make it a very compatible color partner. The new color is soft, but yet powerful enough to stand alone. What colors will you pair it with? Make sure to let us know.
Pantone Reveals Color of the Year for 2014: PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid
“While the 2013 color of the year, PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
For more than a decade, Pantone’s Color of the Year has influenced product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries, including fashion, home and industrial design, as well as product packaging and graphic design. Past colors include:
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
Spring should be here soon.
With Spring sunshine there will be flowers blooming again! Some of our favorites are the hydrangea, knock out roses, day lilies, zinnias and flox.
It really is fun to grow them, cut the blooms and take them to the office or decorate with. If you aren’t that ambitious, go to the local floral store and buy a bouquet of your favorites.
Everyone we know loves beautiful flowers. Before you begin cutting, take a little lesson in the art of floral design with Kate Spade’s floral designer, Ashley.
Here are some tips:
Want a WOW FACTOR for the entry of your next fabulous event? Use glow stones. These little stones are a tremendous way to add impact and wow to any entry or exit. Set a tone for your event as guests arrive with this magical path. These pebbles are non-toxic, photo-luminescent and waterproof. Just expose them to a light for 10 minutes, and they will illuminate for up to 12 hours. (No electricity required.) Mix them with pavement or gravel for a stunning surprise.
Wow, wow, wow!
We can’t wait to use them!
- Meeting and working with each of you has been a dream come true. All of our clients, their families and friends we can’t thank you enough! Allowing us to be a part of your very special moments is humbling.
- Thank you for allowing us to coordinate the second wish granting for Wish Upon A Wedding. Working with our couple and the other Wedding Professionals was priceless, something we will never forget!
- Many thanks for naming us 2011 Best Wedding Planner by the Indy Channel Alist.
- Thank you, thank you, thank you for naming us Bride’s Choice 2011 by Wedding Wire, an affiliate of Martha Stewart
- Adios, Ciao, Au Revoir, Shalom Dag, Zobaczenia, Zai jian, Bis dann to all those who wished us goodbye on their way to one of our Sandals Honeymoons or Sandals Beaches Vacations. You couldn’t have picked a better way to get away. Thank you for trusting us!
- Bouquets to everyone that used and loved our floral and design services, We have soooo many surprises beginning to bloom for 2012 that will amaze you.
- Appreciation and thanks to our interns and staff members. Your enthusiasm, energy and creativity really set you apart. We truly appreciate your wonderful work ethic and caring spirit. You are so valuable to us and to our clients.
- Our many Wedding Professionals we use and trust. Your professionalism, creativity and energy never cease. It is an honor and pleasure to know you and to work with you!
- All of your kind referrals have been so appreciated, we can’t thank you enough! Your confidence and trust are overwhelming.
- Gratitude and love to all of our family members that understand our passion and drive. Your support and love is unsurpassed.