Archive for the ‘Indy AList Best Wedding Planner’ Category
You are engaged! Where do you begin???? We have five details we want to share.
1. Select your venue. Make sure to visit (try to visit at the time you will be having the reception) and ask others that have attended events there their experience too. Consider your guest count, parking, accessibility. Always make sure to read the contract carefully so that you don’t have any “surprises” later with food, drink and times.
2. Go shopping!!! Your wedding dress will be a highlight and make sure to enjoy every minute of your shopping excursions. Make sure to take heels that will be similar to the height you will be wearing + your mom+ grandma and maid of honor. Too many more people and you won’t ever be able to decide on THE DRESS.
3. Subscribe to a wedding magazine or two or three and read a good book. We love Bride Magazine and Martha Stewart Weddings. Make sure to purchase, Wedding Planning for Dummies, 3rd edition. Kim King Smith is the technical editor and has made sure all the DETAILS are outlined for your special day.
4. Select a theme for the wedding; even if you are the only one to know it. This will keep you focused, it’s your path to “Happily Ever After”.
5. Choose a photographer and select your Save the Dates. FYI the Save The Date photographer does not have to be the Wedding Photographer. Make sure to go somewhere you love, bring your pup and have a really good time. Not sure about the Save the Dates? Ask us. We will help you create something wonderful and personal to let all of your friends know about the BIG DAY.
Have fun along the way! It’s a special time, enjoy every moment!
Pantone has just announced the color of the year for 2014. We have anxiously been awaiting this announcement. Each year, it is so much fun to see what the color will be. This year it is a hue of purple and we love it!!! (of course)
Did you know that purple is considered a neutral? It has warm AND cool tones which make it a very compatible color partner. The new color is soft, but yet powerful enough to stand alone. What colors will you pair it with? Make sure to let us know.
Pantone Reveals Color of the Year for 2014: PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid
“While the 2013 color of the year, PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
For more than a decade, Pantone’s Color of the Year has influenced product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries, including fashion, home and industrial design, as well as product packaging and graphic design. Past colors include:
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)