Archive for the ‘Mother of the Bride Fashion’ Category
Pantone has just announced the color of the year for 2014. We have anxiously been awaiting this announcement. Each year, it is so much fun to see what the color will be. This year it is a hue of purple and we love it!!! (of course)
Did you know that purple is considered a neutral? It has warm AND cool tones which make it a very compatible color partner. The new color is soft, but yet powerful enough to stand alone. What colors will you pair it with? Make sure to let us know.
Pantone Reveals Color of the Year for 2014: PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid
“While the 2013 color of the year, PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
For more than a decade, Pantone’s Color of the Year has influenced product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries, including fashion, home and industrial design, as well as product packaging and graphic design. Past colors include:
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
The secret is out and we are thrilled to announce that Kim King Smith, Indiana’s only Accredited Bridal Consultant has been named the official Professional Technical Editor for the New 3rd Edition of Wedding Planning for Dummies!! This newest edition, with over 20% new material will be available November 27, 2012. Kim King Smith has distinguished herself, worldwide, as a member of an elite panel of experts for this project, including
world known celebrity wedding planner and publisher of Lucky Magazine, Marcy Blum.
Wiley Publishing has made this new edition the best and most sought after for Brides.
Kim King Smith has been working directly with the publishers for months reviewing the material and adding additional information to make Wedding Planning for Dummies the BEST publication of its kind! Millions of readers will be reading the wedding planning tips and following the experienced advice in making their wedding planning easy and fun.
If you are planning a wedding or are interested in the wedding planning industry, this book is a MUST. The publishers have included new material that you will want to know and read about. The edition will be for brides and budgets with all ranges. The new edition is available now at Barnes and Noble Amazon and many other locations worldwide.
Make sure to get your copy early, since this is such a popular publication and a great read. Please let Kim know how you like it. We hope you LOVE it!
Here are some tips to make your wedding easy planning.
1. Don’t over invite. Keep the numbers manageable for your budget and for your venue. Remember that each guest will cost you in food and beverage as well as decor, rentals and favors.
2. Personalize your wedding. Find and share elements that make the wedding about you as a couple and not everything that is in social media.
3. Be creative. Yes, you can stay within your budget and have many wow elements.
4. Prioritize the most important details and sacrifice the least important.
5. Enjoy the event and invest in a professional that can coordinate at least the weekend while you and your family enjoy the celebration.
For more tips and information, become a Facebook Fan of Kim King Smith Events and learn valuable information on wedding planning and entertaining.
We have been searching for some great Mother of the Bride Dresses that will make mom a star at your wedding too. These gowns from Glamour are really striking and are sure to receive a lot of compliments! http://www.glamour.com/weddings/blogs/save-the-date/2011/01/5-dresses-for-the-mother-of-th.html