Archive for the ‘party dresses’ Category
Pantone has just announced the color of the year for 2014. We have anxiously been awaiting this announcement. Each year, it is so much fun to see what the color will be. This year it is a hue of purple and we love it!!! (of course)
Did you know that purple is considered a neutral? It has warm AND cool tones which make it a very compatible color partner. The new color is soft, but yet powerful enough to stand alone. What colors will you pair it with? Make sure to let us know.
Pantone Reveals Color of the Year for 2014: PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid
“While the 2013 color of the year, PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
For more than a decade, Pantone’s Color of the Year has influenced product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries, including fashion, home and industrial design, as well as product packaging and graphic design. Past colors include:
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
My name is Ross Pierson and I am one of the new interns at Kim King Smith Events.
This fall, I will be starting my last year at Ball State University. I am majoring in Business Administration with a minor in Entrepreneurship. I am originally from Avon, Indiana where I graduated Avon High School in 2010. At Ball State, I am the Director of Fundraising for Ball State University Dance Marathon. We are the largest philanthropic organization on campus. We raise money for Riley Hospital for Children. I am in charge of planning fundraising events throughout the year. I was also on the BSU Equestrian Team.
Through my life experiences and Dance Marathon, I realize that I love being part of events and want to incorporate that into my future career. This internship will get me a chance to see and work in the business. I am very excited to work with the fabulous Kim King Smith and I know she is going to give me a lot of experience.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Well it’s here, or at least we all hope. It’s time to put away those coats and Ugg boots and bring out your bright, spring attire. If you’re anything like me, your bank account may become low due to all the cute spring clothes, accessories, and shoes. Here is a list of my MUST HAVES for Spring 2012.
- Small Crossbody purse for when you are on the go! This Marc Jacobs cross body is the perfect size and color to wear all day long, or for a night out.
- Colored Skinny jeans are soooo fun. Anyone can pull them off with flip-flops or a pair of wedges. Turquoise, red, and coral are already in my closet and very popular for spring!
- TOMS shoes are very comfy, cute, and lightweight. They are so easy to throw on with a pair of capris and still look very stylish. There are so many colors, patterns, and styles to fit your personality. Haven’t heard of Toms? Check out their website! They give a pair of shoes to a child in need one for one when you purchase them. Look cute and help out a great cause!
- Rose Gold Watches are very popular and can we worn with jeans and a shirt to your best dress and heels. Rose gold looks stunning on any skin tone and when it hits that spring time sun is absolutely gorgeous! My favorite is Michael Kors.
- Loop Scarves were very popular this winter and now are coming out in lightweight material for spring. Even with a tank, the right print pops and makes a great outfit fabulous! A great pairing with your colored jeans.
The runway report is in and lace is the new look! Its intricate beauty has captivated queens and starlets since Queen Victoria, and today it
is making a classy comeback with modern cuts and details. If you are looking for something very romantic and soft, lace is a beautiful material for a timeless wedding. It is ultrafeminine, classic, and romantic. Interested in adding a one of a kind detail to your dress? Lace capelets have the look of old Hollywood glam and can be wornover a lace gown. This little added coverage over a strapless gown is a greatvintage or two-in-one look, especially if you are on a budget! Lace is atimeless material, and some go so far as to makelace the theme of their decor. Check out some of these lace accents!
Enjoy a flirty and short style to make a trendy statement as you walk down the aisle! Check out some of these short and sweet mini wedding dresses that we have picked out as our favorites. This first dress has a plunging V-neckline and beautiful crystal beading, rhinestones, sequins and pearls at the natural waist. The layering from the waist down is a bubble-shaped dress was uniquely designed by Alfred Angelo. So cute!
Our next pick is an extraordinary two-piece mini dress that is not only perfect for walking down the aisle, but also for getting your groove on the dance floor all night long. With an ivory floral embellished corset paired on top of an ivory draped satin mini-skirt, this mini-dress is a stunning design by Monique Lhuillier.
At Kim King Smith Events, we just love the super glamorous gowns that Pnina Tornai makes every season. Her latest collection features an enchanting one-shouldered mini wedding dress that is the definition of glamour. This little beauty has a sparkly sweetheart neckline that flows down to a large ruffled asymmetrical skirt with just a touch of flair.
After sharing with you a few of our favorite short and chic styles, which one would you love to wear down the aisle for your wedding?
Thank you to Alfred Angelo, Monique Lhuillier and Pnina Tornai for these gorgeous designs and images.
Here at Kim King Smith Events, our trendsetting team have searched the racks for some fun ways for you to look stunning at your next formal or cocktail affair. Don’t be safe with the little black dress. Dress dangerously and be the bell of the ball! Here are some of our favorites. Ladies, begin shopping!
All of these fashions are from BCBG. http://www.bcbg.com/dresses/cocktail-dresses.shtml