Archive for the ‘spring wardrobe’ Category
Pantone has just announced the color of the year for 2014. We have anxiously been awaiting this announcement. Each year, it is so much fun to see what the color will be. This year it is a hue of purple and we love it!!! (of course)
Did you know that purple is considered a neutral? It has warm AND cool tones which make it a very compatible color partner. The new color is soft, but yet powerful enough to stand alone. What colors will you pair it with? Make sure to let us know.
Pantone Reveals Color of the Year for 2014: PANTONE 18-3224 Radiant Orchid
“While the 2013 color of the year, PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald, served as a symbol of growth, renewal and prosperity, Radiant Orchid reaches across the color wheel to intrigue the eye and spark the imagination,” said Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute®. “An invitation to innovation, Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health. It is a captivating purple, one that draws you in with its beguiling charm.”
For more than a decade, Pantone’s Color of the Year has influenced product development and purchasing decisions in multiple industries, including fashion, home and industrial design, as well as product packaging and graphic design. Past colors include:
- PANTONE 17-5641 Emerald (2013)
- PANTONE 17-1463 Tangerine Tango (2012)
- PANTONE 18-2120 Honeysuckle (2011)
- PANTONE 15-5519 Turquoise (2010)
- PANTONE 14-0848 Mimosa (2009)
- PANTONE 18-3943 Blue Iris (2008)
- PANTONE 19-1557 Chili Pepper (2007)
- PANTONE 13-1106 Sand Dollar (2006)
- PANTONE 15-5217 Blue Turquoise (2005)
- PANTONE 17-1456 Tigerlily (2004)
- PANTONE 14-4811 Aqua Sky (2003)
- PANTONE 19-1664 True Red (2002)
- PANTONE 17-2031 Fuchsia Rose (2001)
- PANTONE 15-4020 Cerulean (2000)
Well it’s here, or at least we all hope. It’s time to put away those coats and Ugg boots and bring out your bright, spring attire. If you’re anything like me, your bank account may become low due to all the cute spring clothes, accessories, and shoes. Here is a list of my MUST HAVES for Spring 2012.
- Small Crossbody purse for when you are on the go! This Marc Jacobs cross body is the perfect size and color to wear all day long, or for a night out.
- Colored Skinny jeans are soooo fun. Anyone can pull them off with flip-flops or a pair of wedges. Turquoise, red, and coral are already in my closet and very popular for spring!
- TOMS shoes are very comfy, cute, and lightweight. They are so easy to throw on with a pair of capris and still look very stylish. There are so many colors, patterns, and styles to fit your personality. Haven’t heard of Toms? Check out their website! They give a pair of shoes to a child in need one for one when you purchase them. Look cute and help out a great cause!
- Rose Gold Watches are very popular and can we worn with jeans and a shirt to your best dress and heels. Rose gold looks stunning on any skin tone and when it hits that spring time sun is absolutely gorgeous! My favorite is Michael Kors.
- Loop Scarves were very popular this winter and now are coming out in lightweight material for spring. Even with a tank, the right print pops and makes a great outfit fabulous! A great pairing with your colored jeans.