Posts Tagged ‘Bride’
Where do I begin? The wedding planner’s son gets married 🙂 After coordinating many weddings, it was my turn to be the Mother of the Groom. I enjoyed every minute and can’t thank my staff enough for helping me.
Abbie and Derrick’s wedding was a wonderful destination wedding at the beautiful French Lick Resorts, French Lick, Indiana. Both Abbie and Derrick are from Southern Indiana and wanted to be married there too. French Lick was a perfect fit; offering a great weekend getaway, beautiful gardens and lots of activity. It was the perfect spring weekend and the Southern Indiana skies were sunny and bright blue; the same color as Abbie’s bridesmaid dresses. The resort had lots of activity to offer the guests before and after the wedding. The ceremony was planned in the gardens, a sudden rain shower caused a change of location plans. No problem for us! A quick change of plans and the ceremony was held indoors overlooking the gardens.
It was so much fun hosting The Whipstitch Sallie’s Band. This quartet of ladies played folksy, Americana bluegrass music during the ceremony and entertained at the cocktail hour. After the cocktail hour, guests were invited into the Windsor Ballroom for southern Indiana cuisine and lots of dancing. The ballroom was detailed with custom linens in midnight, pewter and cornflower blue. Lots of silver accents and hydrangea adorned the tables.
We loved having the band, American Pie + “Mr. Emcee and Super DJ” Scott Evans there. What a great entertainment combo for a non stop evening of fun and celebration. Thanks to Morgan Matters Photography, Dixon Digital Photography and Love’s Reel for capturing all the special moments and festivities. It was an unforgettable weekend with a lot of special moments.
As ladies we understand the prep time that goes into preparing for a big day. And I’m not talking about the bride- I’m talking about the bridesmaids. Even though the day is all about the bride, and rightfully so, we bridesmaids also have to look our best. The Plum Pretty Sugar bridesmaid’s robes are adorable and will make a great gift from the bride to her best ladies. Plum Pretty Sugar offers robe sets, making it easy to select a style for all bridesmaids.
Having the bridesmaids dressed alike during the prep time makes for adorable pictures. It also allows the bride to be able to stand out in her own special robe. One great thing about the Plum Pretty Sugar robes is the style. These robes can be worn again and again; the style doesn’t limit itself to wearing it for just one day. Take a look for yourself and visit their website for even more styles and apparel! http://store.plumprettysugar.com/
Engagement season is about to be in full swing and lucky ladies everywhere will be showing off their shiny
new rock! This new life changing experience is only the start of what your
engagement has to offer. Here are a few things that are on the “TO DO’
list once he ‘puts a RING on it’!
1. Get a manicure! Your hand is about to be the main focus of hundreds of
photos and you don’t want to embarrass yourself with un kept nails. Zip into
your favorite salon and start soaking those fingers!
2. Set a Budget! Have a nice, sit down, chat at home, with whomever is
supporting your wedding- it could be you, your fiancé, his parents or yours.
A private family gathering is essential in the early stages so that everyone is
on the same path. The conversation may be awkward, but it needs to be addressed
before anything becomes planned.
3. Insure your ring! If your Love hasn’t done this already, make sure it is done immediately. The jeweler (where it was purchased) should have suggestions about certified insurers. Make sure you get an appraisal slip from your jewelerso the absolute replacement value can be determined.
4. Sign up for Sale Alerts! Your wedding dress is going to be a major purchase, but your accessories don’t need to be. Many
designers have major sales and throughout the year. Check out their sites and sign up.
5. Sign up for Pinterest! Pinterest is the motherland of inspiration! You will be on this site for hours & gather so
many ideas! Majority of the ideas have step by step directions on how to create
the masterpieces. You will want to save (or pin) all of your favorites, from
your dress, to the cake, to favors, and creative keepsakes.
6. Talk $$$ with your Fiancée! Money is always an uncomfortable topic, but it needs to be done, so put on your big girl pants and
do it! You both will need to know all the logistics of combining bank accounts. Make sure you also discuss with your parents about CDs, trusts, or other important documents that may need to change or not change once you become man
7. Sign up for Trunk Show Alerts! Follow your local bridal
boutique on Facebook or Twitter to get all the latest info about an upcoming
sale or trunk show. This will allow you to see your favorite designer’s newest
creations straight off the runway.
8. Chose a diet & STICK TO IT! If you plan to lose weight or tone up for your wedding and honeymoon, the worst thing you could do is crash diet at the last minute. If you want to lose more than 5 pounds, give yourself 9-12 months to do it. Pick a proven plan like Weight Watchers or JennyCraig. Ask your Fiancé to invest a few months of a personal trainer for just
you or as a couple. Make a pact to get into shape together with a personal workout plan. Working out with your Fiancé allows
you to support each other even more and get healthy at the same time! If your Fiancé can’t find time, ask one of your bridesmaids.
9. Pick a location! Whether it is selecting the city or the venue, the most
important decision needs to be determining the location of the wedding. This
may need to be something that you get everyone’s advice on; his family and
yours, as they will have an opinion.
10. Hire a planner! It doesn’t matter how organized you can be or how
creative you are, a planner will be your right hand person. As it gets closer
and closer to your day, a planner can help you with everything! From the moment you get engaged, to your
wedding day, they can also assist you with developing a timeline and assist you
with weekend coordination. A planner will have many connections to venues and
vendors for your day. This will allow you to save time and expense plus
allowing everyone to sit back and enjoy the day without missing a precious