Posts Tagged ‘Bridesmaids’
This is one of the BEST TIMES of your life. You are so excited about being engaged and all the upcoming planning of your wedding. Chances are your wedding may be THE biggest event you ever plan. We’re here to help with some advice on attending Bridal Shows.
Bridal Shows are a very helpful tool in planning your wedding. They familiarize you with many different services and vendors. You’ll be able to see a wide range of talent and service menus.
Here are some tips that we suggest when attending shows.
1. Get your discount tickets prior to the show.
2. Arrive early. It’s always best to be one of the very first there. The vendors are fresh, there should be several giveaways and there’s lots of time to ask questions.
3. Eat something healthy prior to arriving. You’ll be sampling wedding cake, hors d oeuvres and favors all day. Who can resist wedding cake?????
4. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing. This excursion could take several hours. Make sure you feel great and are able to move easily amongst the different areas the venue may provide. Take a bottled water. You’ll be glad you did.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Vendors are prepared to answer your many questions and help you. Don’t be afraid to ask if there are any “show specials” or coupons to use too.
6. Take the groom, your mom and/or your maid of honor too. This is a fun time and it will be valuable to share opinions.
6. Take a close look at the vendors booths and their preparations. This is a detailed industry and you’ll want to work with individuals that really know how to make details work and give a great presentation
7. Print out a sheet of return address labels for drawings. This will eliminate a lot of sign up time. There will be drawings and sign ups. You’ll be able to breeze through them.
8. Bring a pad to take notes and a big bag for your goodies, you’ll be glad you did.
9. Don’t set a time limit on the day.
10. Enjoy this experience and have FUN!
If you have any questions or worries, please contact us. We are always happy to hear from you.
Kim and I had the opportunity to visit Anthropolgie’s new bridal store, BLHDN in Chicago this week. BLHDN pronounced Beholden, means “to keep” in dutch. The store itself was stunning and set a very classy, yet unique image. It is only the second location in the entire nation.
Kim King Smith and I really enjoyed seeing all of the stylish, very detailed gowns they had. There were gowns ranging from $600- $6000 in all different styles, including bridal and reception seperates which were gorgeous as well. For those Anthropolgie fans out there, you will fall in love with all they have to offer. Not only do they have unique bridal gowns but also hair accessories, jewelry, shoes, gifts,and bowties. You’ll even want to pack a few of their things for may want for your honeymoon, including lingerie. If you’re in the Windy City any time soon, make sure to put BLHDN on your list of places to visit! You wont regret it! It’s on our list!