Posts Tagged ‘Invitations’
You are engaged! Where do you begin???? We have five details we want to share.
1. Select your venue. Make sure to visit (try to visit at the time you will be having the reception) and ask others that have attended events there their experience too. Consider your guest count, parking, accessibility. Always make sure to read the contract carefully so that you don’t have any “surprises” later with food, drink and times.
2. Go shopping!!! Your wedding dress will be a highlight and make sure to enjoy every minute of your shopping excursions. Make sure to take heels that will be similar to the height you will be wearing + your mom+ grandma and maid of honor. Too many more people and you won’t ever be able to decide on THE DRESS.
3. Subscribe to a wedding magazine or two or three and read a good book. We love Bride Magazine and Martha Stewart Weddings. Make sure to purchase, Wedding Planning for Dummies, 3rd edition. Kim King Smith is the technical editor and has made sure all the DETAILS are outlined for your special day.
4. Select a theme for the wedding; even if you are the only one to know it. This will keep you focused, it’s your path to “Happily Ever After”.
5. Choose a photographer and select your Save the Dates. FYI the Save The Date photographer does not have to be the Wedding Photographer. Make sure to go somewhere you love, bring your pup and have a really good time. Not sure about the Save the Dates? Ask us. We will help you create something wonderful and personal to let all of your friends know about the BIG DAY.
Have fun along the way! It’s a special time, enjoy every moment!
Attending a party or gathering soon? We know how you are looking forward to it and we know what it takes to throw a party. Make sure you’re the guest that goes the ‘little extra’ and remembers your host with a “hostess gift”. What is a hostess gift? We think it is a great way to say, “Thank you for inviting me!” We all love to be included and when we are invited to a special event we can show our appreciation with a small token.
Many guests include a bottle of wine (which we love to receive) as a gift, but think out of the box too. What about some great chocolates, fruit from the local farmer’s market, a new read or the latest released CD? Don’t underestimate flowers or a potted plant too. Hosts love to be remembered and appreciated. They worked hard to make the party a celebration and your thoughtfulness will be remembered with many more invitations.
Always remember a personal handwritten thank you note is a rarity and will be greatly appreciated too.
Your appreciation, your smile and willing hand to pitch in (when needed) will make your host or hostess invite you again and again. Of course, how could any party be fun without you?
Kim King Smith Events now carries the chic line of Encore Invitations and Stationery. This line will be exactly what you are looking for in wedding stationery. So rich, so gorgeous, so unique. Please make an appointment to stop by our design studio to see it. The link www.encoreinvitations.com/Stationery/index.shtml just doesn’t give it justice. Mention our blog post and receive special pricing.
Gorgeous paper, beautiful engraving!