Posts Tagged ‘tips’
This is one of the BEST TIMES of your life. You are so excited about being engaged and all the upcoming planning of your wedding. Chances are your wedding may be THE biggest event you ever plan. We’re here to help with some advice on attending Bridal Shows.
Bridal Shows are a very helpful tool in planning your wedding. They familiarize you with many different services and vendors. You’ll be able to see a wide range of talent and service menus.
Here are some tips that we suggest when attending shows.
1. Get your discount tickets prior to the show.
2. Arrive early. It’s always best to be one of the very first there. The vendors are fresh, there should be several giveaways and there’s lots of time to ask questions.
3. Eat something healthy prior to arriving. You’ll be sampling wedding cake, hors d oeuvres and favors all day. Who can resist wedding cake?????
4. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and clothing. This excursion could take several hours. Make sure you feel great and are able to move easily amongst the different areas the venue may provide. Take a bottled water. You’ll be glad you did.
5. Don’t be afraid to ask questions. Vendors are prepared to answer your many questions and help you. Don’t be afraid to ask if there are any “show specials” or coupons to use too.
6. Take the groom, your mom and/or your maid of honor too. This is a fun time and it will be valuable to share opinions.
6. Take a close look at the vendors booths and their preparations. This is a detailed industry and you’ll want to work with individuals that really know how to make details work and give a great presentation
7. Print out a sheet of return address labels for drawings. This will eliminate a lot of sign up time. There will be drawings and sign ups. You’ll be able to breeze through them.
8. Bring a pad to take notes and a big bag for your goodies, you’ll be glad you did.
9. Don’t set a time limit on the day.
10. Enjoy this experience and have FUN!
If you have any questions or worries, please contact us. We are always happy to hear from you.
You are engaged! Where do you begin???? We have five details we want to share.
1. Select your venue. Make sure to visit (try to visit at the time you will be having the reception) and ask others that have attended events there their experience too. Consider your guest count, parking, accessibility. Always make sure to read the contract carefully so that you don’t have any “surprises” later with food, drink and times.
2. Go shopping!!! Your wedding dress will be a highlight and make sure to enjoy every minute of your shopping excursions. Make sure to take heels that will be similar to the height you will be wearing + your mom+ grandma and maid of honor. Too many more people and you won’t ever be able to decide on THE DRESS.
3. Subscribe to a wedding magazine or two or three and read a good book. We love Bride Magazine and Martha Stewart Weddings. Make sure to purchase, Wedding Planning for Dummies, 3rd edition. Kim King Smith is the technical editor and has made sure all the DETAILS are outlined for your special day.
4. Select a theme for the wedding; even if you are the only one to know it. This will keep you focused, it’s your path to “Happily Ever After”.
5. Choose a photographer and select your Save the Dates. FYI the Save The Date photographer does not have to be the Wedding Photographer. Make sure to go somewhere you love, bring your pup and have a really good time. Not sure about the Save the Dates? Ask us. We will help you create something wonderful and personal to let all of your friends know about the BIG DAY.
Have fun along the way! It’s a special time, enjoy every moment!
We couldn’t have said it better ourselves…..Whether you are planning to give a toast or receive one. Here is some great advice to guide you.
1. Keep it brief. Think of a toast as a miniature, one- to two- minute speech. Because it is short and sweet, memorize your toast. “Two big mistakes are that people read their toast and don’t make eye contact,” says Dr. Mardy Grothe, author of Viva la Repartee. Nervous about blanking out? Use a note card with bullet points, suggests Karen Bussen, author of the Simple Stunning Wedding series.
2. Look to others. Turn to the honoree’s favorite author or singer for inspiration. “If they like Mark Twain, find a quote that speaks to the occasion,” Grothe says.
3. Rehearse. Deliver your toast to a friend or into a tape recorder, especially if it’s an emotional toast. “Heartfelt tears are wonderful, but not if folks can’t understand what you are saying,” Bussen says.
4. Be appropriate. Stay sober- an alcohol-fueled toast can be longwinded and inappropriate. Another no-no: toasts that become roasts, Grothe declares. Humor is key, but consider the audience and avoid controversial remarks or sore subjects.
5. Ask everyone to raise a glass. Make sure you are holding a drink too.
Information from USA Weekend Magazine, author Kelly Di Nardo
Stress Free Wedding Planning TipsWedding planning can be both exciting and stressful. There are a couple of things to help you through the stresses that come along with planning for your big day; hire a wedding planner (come on, you knew we had to throw that in there!), pour yourself a large glass of wine, and follow these simple tips:
- Get organized from the very beginning. Create a binder with tabs that organize your favorite ceremony sites, reception venues, floral ideas, color palette, and inspirations.
- Limit your influencers. Keep your wants as well as your grooms as a priority. Everyone will freely give you their opinion but remember, this day is for you and your groom.
- Plan! Once you’ve set the date make a To- Do- List for each month; accomplishing a little at a time and not leaving everything for your last few months to plan.
- Take time to breathe! No doubt wedding planning can be overwhelming but this time will only happen once so take the time to reflect and enjoy it.
Have questions? Tweet @KKSEvents and Facebook us!
photo courtesy of p://weddingparty-boise.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Wedding-Planner1.jpg
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF BRIDAL CONSULTANTS CONVENTION
I just returned from the National Association of Bridal Consultants convention and have so much to share with you. I attended the Sandals Resort seminar and discovered how truly amazing the resorts can be for your honeymoon or next getaway. They have so many options to choose, and all are inclusive. Check out my Sandals link for more info.
DAVID TUTERA Celebrity Event Planner and Wedding Designer
SPEAKING OF AMAZING… the bridal convention’s featured speaker was the one and only, DAVID TUTERA. David had so many fabulous ideas and is blessed with endless creativity. No wonder he is the host of “get married” and “The Party Planner” along with featured guest on so many television shows. He now does Disney couture weddings and took attendees on a private tour of the Disney wedding venue. His entertaining and design skills are phenomenal! Make sure to check out his website at http://www.davidtutera.com/. What an honor to be able to meet with him…he shared so many wonderful ways to make your next event better than you ever dreamed!
NEW COLORS FOR SPRING… Raspberry, eggplant and rose will be hot colors this spring and summer. Toss in a little coral and you have colors that will pop! Check out BBJ Linens Azra Sheer and Carlisle Lamour.
Chocolate is here to stay with BBJ Linens Brown Niko, Cocoa Blue Rhapsody, Abstract Lamour and Brown Crocodile. Add a splash of Burnt Orange Bengaline and wow! Look at Black Orleans Damask too. It is reversible!
NEW COCKTAIL RECIPE… Recently I returned from the National Association of Bridal Consultants convention. I returned with sooo many new trends and ideas to make your wedding amazing! At the farewell gala we had a great signature drink. It was called,
“Girl’s Night Out”. I renamed it “Pomegranate Punch” for a recent event I did for an energy company’s holiday party. They loved it! Try the recipe, and see what you think:
1 part pomegrantae schnapps
1 part orange juice
2 parts Sprite
Garnish with orange
NEED A GIFT?…for yourself or a friend?? Checkout the new Mac Cosmetics ROYAL ASSETS ( Remember,I just love “Royal” products!) line. The cases are truly gorgeous and the colors will make you look like a queen…..
INDY STAR ARTICLE
Kim King Smith Events, LLC was so proud to be featured in the December 29th Indianapolis Star, Home and Garden section. We made the front page with holiday tablescapes that you can use in January and February too! Julie Saetre, from the Star, was kind enough to ask me to coordinate some tablescapes for her that would be able to go from the holidays to early spring. No need to put up your beautiful pieces after the holidays, transform them into a stunning tablescape for the entire winter. Thanks to my friends from CRATE AND BARREL, TWIGS in Fishers, CHARLES MAYER and CO. at 56th and Illinois and RITA’S BACKYARD floral design. Special thanks to my friends at THE MANSION AT OAK HILL, the Zehrs, for providing the facility for the photo shoot and for displaying their wonderful tablescape too.
More….Erin Barriento, THE MANSION’S coordinator, and floral designer, Julie Acheson, ROYAL CREATIONS designed a phenomenally gorgeous table that will be featured too. Their table will promote the Association of Bridal Consultants, “ART OF THE TABLE”, SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 24th from 12:00-4:00 P.M. at the Indianapolis Museum of Art. This event is a must! Tickets are only $10 each and may be purchased at the door or from any Association of Bridal Consultants member. All proceeds will benefit scholarship and the American Cancer Society. Bring your friends,have brunch at the museum and then view the beautiful tablescapes designed by the best floral and bridal professionals in central Indiana!
It will be a feast for your eyes. Never will you see so many gorgeous tables and creative ideas! Make sure to look me up. I will be the day of event coordinator and would love to meet you.
SPEAKING OF TABLESCAPES…my friends and I will have two tables at the Art of the Table. The first one will be themed “WEDDING IN PARIS” Ooh la la!! It will be wonderful. CardInk, Flowers by Tiffany, Morgan Matters Photography, Anna Godar’s Special Occasions by Anna, Charles Mayer and Company and Kim King Smith Events, LLC will design a table that will be all the inspiration you need to escape to Paris for a romantic wedding or let us recreate it for you here in central Indiana. Our second table will be a BIRTHDAY PARTY theme. Who doesn’t love a birthday party, anyway?? It will be fun, colorful and delicious……??? Lots of surprises and fun!!
NO TIME TO ENTERTAIN during the holidays? Consider having a party in January or February. This is a perfect time to gather with friends and entertain. Create a theme and add color that pops. Call me for ideas…317-512-0172.
I HAD THE VERY BEST TIME…at the December ISES (International Special Event Society) meeting, a professional organization for event specialists. It was held at The Mansion at Oak Hill on 116th and Hazel Dell. Guest speaker was OPRAH’S EVENT PLANNER, DEBI LILY who has worked extensively with Colin Cowie and Preston Bailey on events. Debi gave us education and insight into the very latest trends in event and wedding design. She told us all about how she planned Oprah’s 50th birthday bash and other fab events for the star.
DISCOVER… befizzy.com and inkbox.com for bride and bridesmaid’s fun attire. Nothing with rhinestones, just fun, fab apparel for the bride and her attendants!